25,000 DOWNLOADS SO FAR!!!
Huge Thanks to
Developer of SpecGP Plugin for Samurize ~permetix Website: www.permetix.com/samurize/inde…
and the excellent BASS sound library (free for non-commercial purposes) provided by www.un4seen.com/
Presenting you for the first time
> The most awaited Samurize Plugin which works for ANY MEDIA PLAYER, (WMP, VLC, iTunes, WinAMP, foobar2000, Firefox, IE, Media Monkey...) is here
> This is a highly configurable spectrum analyzer / VU meter. It's NOT tied to any specific player, NOR does it require any plugins to be used by your music player. It analyzes the audio output of the sound card in REALTIME: it works with music, games, TV, DVD, etc.
> Watch this video for installation www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jWJpV…
> See included instructions in the download for setting up.
> Samurize works on Windows 8 / 7 / Vista (64 bit and 32 bit). Use Compatibility mode (Windows XP SP3) in properties dialog of Samurize Setup.
> This plugin Works by analyzing your sound output via the "Stereo Mix" Device. It WON'T WORK if you don't have it. You may try updating your audio card drivers.
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
-> I don't have stereo mix. Now what?
1) try downloading your PC's or Laptop's audio driver from the manufacturer and install, it solves most of the problems as you can see in the comments.
-> How do I Lock the position of the Equalizer?
watch video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=f80wPU…
-> Can I set this as a screen saver?
1) Yes you can. it is included with samurize itself
2) but you need to have music running for it to work
-> how can I change the colors and transparency?
1) Samurize notification area icon > right click > edit config file
2) (see left side) Select "meter zero" (in left side)
3) (see right side) Display tab > configure >
a) alpha: is for transparency
b) solid color(1 color)/gradient(2 colors)/zones(3 colors)
and you can change color in that color box
a) alpha: is for transparency
b) and you can change color in that color box
4)> ok > save (ctrl + s)
5) Samurize notification area icon > right click > Reload config
->Also, how did you add the reflection? asked by
there's a "mirror" in the plugin configuration...
see above question's steps for getting to the plugin configuraion
-> how to play it through an optical / coaxial out. This will work for any digital device.
1) Open Sound panel
2) Select Speakers as the default playback device
3) Go to the "Recording" tab
4) Right click and enable "Show Disabled Devices"
5) Click on Stereo Mix
6) Right click on the new device and click "Enable"
7) Right click on the new device and click "Set as Default Device"
8) Double click on the new device to open the Properties window
9) Go to the "Listen" tab
10) Click on the "Listen to this device" checkbox
11) Select your HDMI or Digital device from the "Playback through this device" list
V4: added more colors, updated instructions and preview and SpecGP plugin to 1.3 in the zip file
v3: added more colors
v2: initial release of new EQ Spectrum - FOR ANY MEDIA PLAYER
v1: initial release of EQ Spectrum with winAMP plugin
> Bugs: If the volume is low the bars will have low height, if volume high the bars move perfectly, and if it is in mute they wont move.
Gallery of desktop's of people using this
If you are uploading a modded version of my config, please link to this page, give credit to original creators
and message me.
Feel free to leave any comment, if you have any problems.